We understand that businesses (from small to large) rely heavily on a robust storage of any kind – but because NAS allows multiple users of accessing and using it simultaneously, we figured that we’d do a quick walk-through on how to create the best, secured QNAP set up for the work environment. We have also put into slide shows for quick tutorials/demos.
QNAP Showcases the New Thunderbolt NAS, Tool-less NAS and Surveillance Solution at Intel® Solutions Summit 2015
Taipei, Taiwan, April 22, 2015 — At Intel® Solutions Summit 2015 (ISS), QNAP®, Inc. will demonstrate its groundbreaking Intel-based cloud storage solutions, including the first ever Thunderbolt NAS, an innovative tool-less, vertical NAS TS-453mini, a 4K-ready HDMI surveillance solution, and more.
Taipei, Taiwan, April 16, 2015 – QNAP® Security today launched the new Linux-based VioStor NVR VS-2200 Pro+ series. The 2-bay VS-2200 Pro+ series, available in a tower form factor with 4, 8 and 12 channels, is designed with a compact size with rich functions to convey high cost-efficiency for SMB and SOHO users. Small but fully loaded with advanced features, the VS-2200 Pro+ series supports Full HD 1080P Local Display, built-in alarm GPIO for enhancing security management, QSCM Lite as a free app for centrally managing multiple NVRs, and more.
Taipei, Taiwan, 14 April, 2015 – QNAP®, Inc. today announced that its NAS officially supports Kodi (formerly XBMC) Entertainment Center. Users of x51, x53, x70, x71, x79 and x80 series NAS now can install Kodi in HD Station to enjoy an improved entertainment experience.
As of version 14, XBMC has been renamed “Kodi”. If users have XBMC v13 installed, they can install Kodi separately to use its beautiful unified interface to enjoy pictures, videos and music. Both versions can be installed to provide users with greater choice.
- Upgraded OpenSSL to 1.0.1m to address multiple vulnerabilities (CVE-2015-0204, CVE-2015-0209, CVE-2015-0286, CVE-2015-0287, CVE-2015-0288, CVE-2015-0289, CVE-2015-0292 and CVE-2015-0293).
- The system fails to detect the Netgear R7000 as a UPnP device.
- The system fails to detect the total volume size and free size in degraded mode (shown as 0KB).
- Fails to establish a HTTPS connection to a NAS using a Mac via WebDAV.
- Fails to access subfolders on a NAS using NetDriver2 via WebDAV.
- Fails to modify user permissions (or hangs in NetDrive) on a NAS using NetDrive via WebDAV.
- It takes a prolonged time (over 1 minute) to establish a connection to a NAS using a Mac via WebDAV.
- The x53 series reboots after creating VMs using VMware tools with a block-based LUN thin provisioned datastore.
- The block-based LUN unexpectedly disconnects if the storage pool is running out of space.
2015-03-13 4.1.3 build 0313
QTS4.1.3 build 0313
Improved the smart fan algorithm.
Fixed a Samba security vulnerability that could potentially lead to unexpected code execution with file sharing using Microsoft networking (Samba) (CVE-2014-8143, CVE-2015-0240).
File sizes are incorrectly detected on FileZilla.
Available from the downloads section. https://www.qnap.com/i/uk/product_x_down/
New tool-less NAS TS-453mini & Budget Intel NAS TS-251C